The Department of history of Kazakhstan according to the standards of education through educational programs 5B020300 (6B02203), 6M020300 (7M020300), 6D020300 (8D02203) – «History» prepares «Bachelors of Humanities», «Masters of Humanities» and PhD doctors.
The history of the specialty dates back to the opening of Tselinograd pedagogical Institute and its formation as a higher educational institution in the Republic of Kazakhstan. In 1962, the first set of students in the number of 50 people in the specialty "History" was made at the faculty of history and Philology.
Since October 18, 1987 the historical Department became an independent faculty, the first Department and the Dean's office are organized. Since the founding of the Department it was headed by a veteran of the great Patriotic war Borisenko Peter Efimovich, as well as working young professionals Uysumbayev F. M., and Mukhamedzhanova G. M., as well as a graduate of the Tomsk state University Shukshina S. I. (Kowalskaya). Idrisova S. K. was a senior laboratory assistant.
In the same year the correspondence Department on 50 places was open. Then there was opened a Department of "History and the German language". In 1991, the Department "History and Kazakh language" was opened at the faculty of training teachers of history in Russian and Kazakh schools.
Since 1992, the Department of history of Kazakhstan was headed by candidate of historical Sciences, associate Professor M. M. Zhanpeisova
In 1997 with the merger of the Tselinograd state pedagogical and Tselinograd civil engineering institutions in the Department of history of Kazakhstan began to work PhD in history, associate Professor L. Y., Borisenko, N. P. Babin, K. I. Iskakova. After the unification of the Department at different times it was headed by A. K. Kusainov, H. M. Abzhanov, K. A. Akhmetov, Z. E. Kabuldinov, T. S. Sadykov, G. T. Musabalina.
Since 2019, the Department is headed by candidate of science assistant professor Kushenova G.I. Scientists B. Khusainov, A. Zh. Sarsenov, S. sh. Mukhamedzhanova, A. Zh. Amanbayev, B. M. Abdrakhmanova, G. M. Kakenova, D. A. Mahat made a great contribution to the development of the Department.
In our time at the department there are: Sadykov Tlegen Sadykuly, Mussabalina Gulnara Tolevgazinovna, Musagalieva Araylym Sabitovna, Kovalskaya Svetlana Ivanovna, Iskakova Kulzira Idrisovnа, Dukenbaeva Zadash Orazgalievna, Zhakupova Kulyash Maulenovna, Muhametzhanova Nurgul Ahmetzhanovna, Shaimukhanova Saule Dusetevna, Sailaubay Erlan Ernazaruly, Rahimbekova Azhar Kabdolovna, Aljapparova Bakytkul Kabdulmalikovna, Jampeissova Zhanar Makhmetovna, Kushenova Ganizhamal Imanovna, Yermenbaeva Gulzhan Kakimbekovna, Kabyltaeva SamalGazizovna, Muratbekkyzy Bibigul, Yerdenbekova Zhanar Seitkalievna, Orazayev S.B., Bizhanov A.S., Karatai Sh.B., Abdurazakov M.F., Nabiev S.T. etc.
1st place in the independent national rating of the IAAR on the OP of the master 6M020300 History, 2nd place of the IAAR - bachelor 5B020300 - History;
- 2nd place in the independent national rating of IQAAA on the basis of an OP of undergraduate 5B020300 - History and Master 6M020300 - History;
- a new multilingual group in the specialty 6M020300 - History of admission 2017 was opened;
- Conducting the II round of the X Republican subject Olympiad in the specialty 5B020300 “History”;
- 2nd place in the III international professional competition of final qualifying works of students of history “KLIO” Ismagambetova L.C. (November 2017);
- 1 Place at the III international professional competition of final qualifying works of students of history “KLIO” Darbaev Azamat;
- New international project “Enhancing the openness of the state archives of the former Soviet republics": Institute for Development of Freedom of Information, Georgia, Tbilisi;
- For the first time an international license agreement No. 4 dated September 10, 2017 with the Institute of Ethnocultural Education of Moscow;
- For the first time an agreement on a double diploma joint master's program of the National Research Tomsk State University and the Eurasian National University. L.N. Gumilyov in the direction of training "04/04/03 Anthropology and Ethnology" (Master's program "Migration Studies");
- Winner of the scholarship of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N.A. Nazarbayev ("Nazarbayev scholarship") for the 2018-2019 academic year was enrolled in the history department of the Eurasian National University. L.N. Gumilyov specialty 6M020300- "History" Mereke Alshynbayeva.